Wednesday 19 March 2014

Wilson!

We continue our gradual exploration of our new playground. Last night we moored off the northwest end of Malolo Island in a lovely little bay with nice protection from the southeast wind.

Maureen thought it would be important for us to do some exploring and try anchoring on our own hook. For my part, I was pretty content at the Musket Cove Yacht Club and could have comfortably spent a long time sitting by their lovely pool and drinking their ice cold Fiji Bitter.

So anyway, as these family decisions go, we are not at MCYC any longer and have instead begun our wee tour into the rest of the Mamamuca Islands -- slowly at first, just moving around to the other end of Malolo Island. (Lest you feel too sorry for me, I must confess that we do have a store of ice cold beer right here on the boat.)

Over water Bures at the Likuliku Lagoon Resort
We anchored without incident and found our new home in front of the Likuliku Lagoon Resort. As we arrived the nice man came out to greet us and mention that while we were more than welcome to anchor for as long as we liked, the resort itself was not open to yacht guests. He was very kind about it and even a bit apologetic and since we are pretty self contained it really was not a constraint. It did get us looking on the Internet though and Maureen came up with this website - http://www.likulikulagoon.com.

It seems pretty spectacular to me!

Castaway Island
This photo taken in the opposite direction may look familiar to some as the set of the Tom Hanks movie 'Castaway.' I have not independently verified this fact but I will certainly have my eyes open today for a weather worn volleyball.

4 comments:

  1. I am definitely not sharing these blog posts with Bruce. He will be on your boat before I can say "You know, I miss the Backhouse's."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, seem to be struggling with this thing, two fascinated replies to the blog and still I can't see anything... trying again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Message received Al, trust you are well??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahoy Doug!
    I saw your post on the Saga Forum. Welcome to our club.

    Roger Karlebach s/v ILENE 43 # 23
    my blog is at ilenetheboat.blogspot.com New Yor4k to Grenada WI 7 months, the return 7.5, and last summer 93 days in Ma.ine

    ReplyDelete